Forbes recently wrote about the 15 Most Anticipated Hotel Renovations of 2016. The article featured expansions, new spas and general updates to a multitude of properties.
The story is a great reminder that an update most needed by hotels across the U.S. is to the traditional gas fireplace. Here are three reasons to update yours now:
- Lawsuits by families whose children were burned on a resort gas fireplace prompted the hearth industry to evaluate gas fireplace products and develop solutions.
- In 2015, a new safety standard was adopted by the hearth industry requiring all gas fireplace manufacturers to provide a safety barrier/screen to prevent burns from hot glass. As of January 1, 2015, all new gas fireplaces manufactured are supplied with a safety screen, but most manufacturers are not making a safety screen for the millions of existing gas fireplaces already installed in hotels, restaurants and homes.
- The hospitality industry prides itself on providing guests with a wonderful, rewarding experience; it just makes sense to provide a simple solution that could prevent a child or other guest from accidentally touching the hot glass on a gas fireplace and getting a serious burn.
Incorporating A Simple Safety Screen Into Your Renovation Project
Replacing a gas fireplace is a costly endeavor, and often not feasible in a renovation budget. Fortunately, Fireplace Safety Screen has a simple, cost-effective product that can help update a focal point while providing a barrier that prevents hands or other body parts from touching hot glass.
The Simple Safety Screen:
- Is Easy to Install – The safety screen requires no special tools or skills. Simply take it out of the box and line up the magnetic with the existing gas fireplace and attach. Watch this video demonstration to see just how easy it is!
- Provides An Instant Facelift – A side benefit to having a safety screen on your gas fireplace is that it hides the outdated brass frame that was popular in the 1980s but is woefully out of style in today’s market. But it doesn’t hide the beautiful flame that guests will still enjoy sitting by the fire.
- Is a Cost-Effective Safety Fix – The Simple Safety Screen is an affordable option for all properties that need to provide a barrier for multiple gas fireplaces. While safety gates are also an option, they are often bulky, aesthetically unappealing and often not feasible in small spaces such as a hotel guest rooms, busy restaurants or a crowded lobby. The Simple Safety Screen may be custom-ordered to fit virtually any gas fireplace and is priced competitively to fit any renovation budget.
Hospitality clients, including Marriott, Wyndham and Hilton, have installed the Simple Safety Screen. For more information and to place an order, visit www.fireplacesafetyscreen.com